Saturday, 2 July 2016

Feminist Icon: Hayley Atwell - 'And I Darken' Blog Tour!


I am incredibly excited to be a part of this blog tour, for various reasons. First, it's for a book I have already read, raved about, and will for sure be on my top reads of 2016. Second, it is an immensely empowering opportunity to spread some 'girl power' love and talk about our favorite feminists. Third, it gives me a chance to rave about the book some more.

Had I already mentioned that?

The book I am talking about is the amazing, the wonderful, 'And I Darken' by Kiersten White. It is the first installment in the Conquerors Saga, and it brings us the story of Lada Dracul, one of the strongest, bravest, most layered characters I have had the pleasure to read about in recent years.

If you would like to read more about it click here, and you can also check out my spoiler free review right here. Go on. I'll wait here. Are you back yet? Good, then go and click that pre-order button at your retailer of choice right now, as this is about to hit shelves on  July 7th!

As Lada is a fantastic example of a feminist character, throughout this blog tour you will have a chance to read about some other great (non-fictional) women that are amazing examples to follow and just overall feminist icons.

When I think of feminists, my mind goes immediately to the kindest, most genuine person I have had the incredible luck of briefly meeting: Hayley Atwell. She is most known for her role as Peggy Carter in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and her character won such a loving place in people's hearts that a spin-off series, 'Agent Carter', ran for two seasons (to immense uproar at its cancellation).

While Peggy is an incredible feminist in herself, Hayley does not shy away from those shoes, and has long been very vocal about the portrayal of women in media and overall women's rights, and has dedicated herself to charity work. So, for my stop of the tour, I thought I'd share some feminist and inspirational quotes by Hayley, so you can see just how amazing she is!

~ Top 5 Hayley Atwell Quotes ~


She's fantastic, isn't she?

Do please check out the remaining posts of the blog tour, and follow the feminists!


-------------------------------------------------


KIERSTEN WHITE is the New York Times bestselling author of the Paranormalcy trilogy; the dark thrillers Mind Games and Perfect Lies; The Chaos of Stars; and Illusions of Fate. She also coauthored In the Shadows with Jim Di Bartolo. She lives with her family near the ocean in San Diego, which, in spite of its perfection, spurs her to dream of faraway places and even further away times. Visit Kiersten online at kierstenwhite.com and follow @kierstenwhite on Twitter. 



-------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment